Top 5 Digital Scales Comparison Review
Digital scales aren’t just a way to measure your weight, but they come with a whole host of other features.
But they vary massively, in what they offer and how much they cost. Here is a quick rundown of 5 of the top digital scales on the market.
1) Nokia Body+-Body Composition Wi-Fi Scale
- Saves the weight history of up to 8 different users.
- Allows you to set a goal and customize a daily calorie budget.
- Offers comprehensive body composition analysis, monitors your weight, body fat, how much water you’re carrying, muscle mass, etc.
- Compatible with both Android and iPhone.
One of the best things about the Nokia is how much information it gives you.
You aren’t just getting a regular scale, you’re getting a scale that tells you almost everything that you could possibly want to know. Not only do you get your total weight (in three different forms, including kg. lb. and st lb.), but you also get a breakdown of your weight.
The scale tells you how much of your total weight is water weight, muscle mass, body fat, and much more.
Setting up the scale is extremely easy as well. It automatically syncs with the health mate app if you have a Wi-Fi connection.
It’s also compatible with both Android and iPhone, so everyone can use this scale regardless of smartphone preference.
Finally, it should also be mentioned how helpful the scale is.
When you step on it, it gives you a personalized weather report that can help you plan out your exercise for the day.
You can also set your own weight loss goals and customize a nutrition plan/exercise plan to help you reach that goal.
2) Etekcity Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale
- Instant readings as soon as you step on the scale.
- 4 high-tech sensors ensure ultra-accurate readings.
- Extra sturdy thanks to 6mm of tempered glass.
By far the best thing about the Etekcity is how easy it is to measure your weight with it.
You don’t have to step on the scale and wait for it to calculate your weight.
You simply step on and in a fraction of a second you have your weight. The high-tech sensors are both quick and accurate.
The LCD display offers a variety of helpful information, including when the scale is being overloaded, when the scale’s battery is low and needs to be recharged, and much more.
Plus, there’s a bunch of other helpful features that the Etekcity has that make it such a great digital scale.
For example, it will automatically turn off when it doesn’t detect anyone standing on it.
Finally, it’s incredibly easy to find storage space for it.
It’s a very light scale and it’s very thin (in fact, it’s thinner than most laptops and tablets).
3) Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale from Greater Goods
- Minimalist, affordable design.
- Quick, accurate readings.
- Sleek, modern look.
- Very thin for easy storage.
If you value simplicity and affordability, then this digital scale by Greater Goods is the scale for you.
This scale doesn’t have the fancy features of some of the other scales that have been mentioned so far, but it what it lacks in features it more than makes up for in functionality.
This scale is incredibly easy to set up and it delivers very accurate weight readings in a timely fashion.
What more can you really ask from a scale?
As was mentioned already, it’s a great scale to get if you are on a strict budget.
It costs a fraction of what most other digital scales of this quality will cost you.
As with many digital scales, this one is very thin.
So, if you don’t feel comfortable just leaving it out, finding a place to store the scale couldn’t be easier.
Overall, it’s a simplistic, but well-made scale that won’t impact your budget.
4) EatSmart Precision 550 Pound Extra-High Capacity Digital Bathroom Scale
- Over 500 lb. maximum weight limit.
- Can easily switch between lb. and kg. for weight measurement.
- Print-resistant stainless-steel exterior.
- Loud beep feature to let you know when you can step off.
The EatSmart Precision Scale is another great digital scale.
It’s got an easy to read LCD display. It also has an added backlight for easy reading in dark or otherwise low light conditions.
In terms of actual performance, the EatSmart calculates your weight very quickly, often in 2 seconds or less.
While the readings aren’t instantaneous, there is an audible beep which lets you know when it’s okay to get off the scale, so you don’t have to worry about getting off the scale too early and messing up the measurements.
The exterior of the scale is made of high-quality stainless-steel. So, unlike a lot of other expensive, digital scales, the EatSmart does not scratch, break, or get smudged easily.
Plus, if you ever need to clean the scale for some reason, the stainless-steel is easy to wipe.
5) Yunmai Premium Smart Scale
- Quick setup enables you to sync the scale in less than five seconds.
- Measures up to ten different statistics, including body weight, BMI, body fat, and much more!
- Compatible with a wide variety of apps, including Fitbit, Apple Health, and Google Fit.
One of the main benefits of the Yunmai is the sheer amount of information that it gives you.
Most scales simply give you your weight, but not this one.
It gives you your weight, your BMI, your body fat, your muscle mass, etc.
Basically, if you can think of something related to your weight, then the chances are good that the Yunmai will measure it for you.
It’s also nice that unlike many other digital scales, the Yunmai is compatible with a wide variety of fitness apps.
So, no matter what sort of app you use to track your weight and your general fitness levels, the Yunmai is able to work with it.
Finally, setting up the scale and syncing it with your app of choice is a simple, hassle-free experience.
As said in the key features, assuming you have the app installed already, syncing it with the scale takes a few seconds at most.