Food Saver 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealing System – Keep Healthy Food Fresh Longer
One of the hardest part of losing weight when you’re busy is making sure you eat nutritious meals. It’s so tempting to eat out or order in rather than cook when you’re busy but if you want good food that’s going to help you lose weight, you’re going to have to make a lot of it yourself.
The key to this is preparation. You need to make the food when you’re not busy so it’s ready when you are. This means things like setting up food in the slow cooker and then taking care of house chores and errands while it’s cooking or spending an evening cooking meals to freeze and eat over the next week.
Now, if you’re making healthy foods they’re going to be filled with fruits, veggies, and other goodies. Depending on what you’re making it may or may not stay fresh in a regular plastic container. For example, salad will wilt quickly if you just put them in containers in the fridge. No one wants that!
The food saver really does what the name implies… it saves your food! Vacuum sealing removes all of the air that causes your food to lose freshness.
Here are some of the things you can use your Food Saver for that will make losing weight so much easier.
• Make a week worth of salads for lunches and vacuum seal them in individual portions. Even the last salad of the week will taste fresh and tasty.
• Portion and pack snacks so they stay fresh and also keep yourself from over indulging since they’re in single serve packaging.
• Vacuum seal your meat with marinade to help it marinade faster.
• Buy healthy cuts of meat or fresh fruit in bulk and package them separately to save money.
• Make a pot of soup, seal it, and freeze it. It’ll still be good MONTHS later!
It’s a real time and food saver.
Okay, now for the bad stuff. You do need to buy special bags for this but they overall aren’t too expensive. You can get great deals on Amazon but most stores sell them now in case you can’t wait for shipping. It also takes up a bit of counter space and is kind of annoying to store and take back out every time you use it unless you’re only cooking and sealing once a week.
Overall this is a great system and can help you a lot in preparing your meals ahead of time and making more time to do the things you need to do.