Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker Review
With the launch of the stylish Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker, fitness enthusiasts and personal health care experts now have a new gadget they can use to get more out of workouts.
This device is designed to track your daily activities like the steps you take, distance covered, calories burned, and active time. It can recognize the type of exercise you undertake, track your sleep, set an alarm to wake you, monitor you iPhone, Windows Phone or Android device for incoming calls, or store message/calendar alerts. Best of all, its battery life can last one week.
The tracker features an easy to read OLED screen to display all your texts, calls and calendar notifications, and fitness statistics. Users can also make a fashion statement and accessorize with an assortment of fancy wristbands made of metal or leather.
Features of the Fitbit Altra Fitness Tracker
The Fitbit Altra connects to Bluetooth 4.0 enabled devices that run Android 4.3 or above, iOS 8.0 or above, and some Windows Smartphones.
Pairing is conducted by downloading the Fitbit app on your mobile phone and creating an account to synchronize the tracker with your mobile device. Once paired, the tracker will show calls, texts, and calendar alerts from your phone when the phone is within range.
Other features include:
- A 3 axis accelerometer to track steps, the distance, calories you burn and active time in minutes.
- Fitbit SmartTrack technology – This function automatically detects select activities that you do and reminds you of goals set every hour if necessary.
- 128 x 36 pixels and 1.4 inch OLED display that you can double tap or raise your wrist to wake. The display shows time of day, calls, texts, calendar alerts and fitness statistics.
- This tracker can monitor your sleep and wake you up with a vibrating alert alarm.
- You can remove the display/tracker unit with a simple push- slide quick release mechanism, and attach a different wristband made of leather, metal or silicone in black, blue, plum, or teal.
- You can customize the clock display with a variety of faces and change the text from horizontal to vertical layout.
- A lithium polymer battery that will last up to one week with a proprietary charging cable
Is the Fitbit Altra Fitness Tracker Worth Buying?
The technology and features of this fitness tracker make it convenient for people engaged in activities that require the use of their hands. Users can simply glance at their wrist device to check for missed calls, texts, calendar alerts, or fitness statistics. The rich functionality and convenience that this tracker offers makes it a worthwhile buy.
- It has a stylish, slim design in a variety of colors, and comes in three sizes; small (for wrist measuring 5.5-6.7 inches in circumference), large (6.7-8.1 inches), and extra-large (8.1-9.3 inches) to fit a broad section of people.
- It has accurate fitness and phone alerts and notifications.
- You can change the wristbands to match your clothes and make a fashion statement.
- The device is sometimes unresponsive and may require you to use some force when tapping to wake it up.
- The display is hard to see in direct sunlight.
- It doesn’t have an altimeter for measuring altitude, GPS for finding location, or heart rate monitor found in other more expensive trackers.
- It’s not waterproof and you cannot use it while swimming.
In spite of what the Fitbit Altra Fitness Tracker lacks, it’s still the most stylish, slim, sleek budget tracker in the market today. It can deliver accurate fitness statistics and reminders, as well as help you answer calls and texts while working out.