“Back RX” Book Review
Four out of five people under 45 years of age are likely to suffer from a serious episode of low back pain at some point in their lives. This can result in them being unable to perform their daily activities and hence lose working days. Low back injuries will usually heal within weeks but for most people, they reoccur within one year and long-term healing becomes difficult to archive.
Getting the right treatment for low back pain will make all the difference in healing completely. The right treatment will also prevent suffering a downward spiral in recurrent back injuries that can lead to a long-term dependence on pain medication, failed back syndrome, or even surgery.
Dr Vijay Vad, a physician who dedicated his career to treating athletes, spent years researching remedies for back pain and came up with an eight week, fifteen minutes a day exercise program. What makes this program unique is the fact that it combines Pilates and medical yoga to cure low back pain, restore strength, flexibility and prevent future injuries.
The program has helped cure thousands of patients with low back injuries and reduce low back pain.
Features of the Back RX: A 15-Minute-a-Day Yoga and Pilates Health Book
The onset of low back pain is often associated with emotional and mental stress. Healing lower back pain begins with mind and body physiotherapy to enhance body awareness, posture, and balance. The Back RX program incorporates blending carefully selected rehabilitation yoga and Pilates exercise with special emphasis on breathing control to engage the whole body and free the mind from distraction and anxiety.
The following is what readers can expect from this health book:
- The program takes you through four stages of how to take care and recover from low back pain.
- Three series of exercises are illustrated, which include selected variations of supine poses and the Sun Salutation sequence to enhance low back strength, flexibility, and endurance.
- The book shows you how to resume daily activity after recovering from a low back injury.
Is the Back RX: A 15-Minute-a-Day Yoga and Pilates Health Book Worth Buying?
Low back pain can make performing your daily activities difficult since the slightest movement will cause a lot of pain. The pain can also reside in your legs and other parts of your body. The Back RX exercise program will heal and strengthen your back, make it more flexible, reduce the chances of recurring back pain/injuries and for these reasons, it is worth buying.
- This book will help you strengthen and build a more injury-resistant back.
- It will also strengthen other parts of the body including the abdomen, core muscles and legs.
- The breathing control exercise helps you reduce emotional and mental stress without mental effort or concentration.
- You can perform these exercises for only 15 minutes daily or at least 3 times a week for eight weeks to get the best results.
- Helps you recover quickly from back pain/injury and avoid surgery or dependence on pain killers to relieve back pain.
- The exercises are designed to help increase the range of hip movement as restricted hip motion is a major cause of back pain.
- The exercises incorporates elements from many physiotherapy practices and individuals can choose treatments suited for their needs.
- The workouts will help improve balance and body posture.
- Three series of exercises routines are included, namely A-for healing, strengthening and maintaining back health, B-for vigorous back toning and C-for strenuous body workouts.
- The book focuses on the lower back and hips, and has little to offer with upper back and neck therapy.
- Some of the exercises are not well detailed and do not specify the target muscle group, making it difficult to know when to advance to the next stage of workouts.
The book combines advanced modern physiotherapy techniques with the ancient practice of yoga. It incorporates a mind and body solution to address the low back pain problem by using breathing control for relaxing the mind and Pilates exercises to strengthen the back. It will help people who have under gone back surgery recover faster and regular practice will ensure your back remains healthy.