Vilano Aluminum Road Bike 21 Speed Shimano Review
The Vilano Aluminum road bike 21 speed Shimano has elicited rave reviews since it first hit the market.
In fact, this bike has had many cycling enthusiasts comparing it to other more expensive models and, therefore, it’s hard to believe that this road bike is only considered an entry-level model from the company.
Features of the Vilano Aluminum Road Bike 21 Speed Shimano
When your Vilano 21 speed Shimano road bike arrives, you’ll need to assemble it. It’s easy to assemble using the provided instruction manual.
What’s more, there are YouTube videos that you will find to be quite helpful.
Once the bike is ready to hit the road, you get to enjoy the following features and benefits:
Lightweight Aluminum Frame
This road bike features a double-butted 6061 aluminum frame that’s light, strong, and sleek.
The crank is also made of a light but strong alloy material. Thanks to this lightweight construction, the Vilano 21 Speed Shimano is easy to maneuver uphill and picks up speed rather quickly.
Weighing in at only 24lbs, it’s one of the lightest road bikes in its class. You won’t have trouble carrying it up a flight of stairs in case you live in a multistory apartment building.
Aluminum 700c 1 1/8” Threadless Fork
The Aluminum fork on this bike is not only lightweight and easy to assemble, but also provides good vibration dampening for a smooth ride.
Easily Accessible A050 Shimano Shifters
Both gear levers/knobs on this bike are located right at the center of the handlebar.
Consequently, you’ll never have to take your eyes of the road when shifting gears and this in turn increases safety.
Powered By A Shimano Drivetrain
The drivetrain manufacturer for this Vilano bike is Shimano, one of the leading brands when it comes to derailleur gear systems and shifters.
So, it comes as no surprise that the front and rear derailleurs have been designed to provide smooth shifting between gears.
Is the Vilano Aluminum Road Bike 21 Speed Shimano Worth Buying?
If you want an inexpensive road bike that has speed, a lightweight construction, and plenty of gears, then you should consider the Vilano 21 speed Aluminum Shimano road bike.
There are 3 sizes to choose from, which cater for riders of different heights. Size options based on the rider’s height include:
- Small (5’2”-5’6”)
- Medium (5’7”-5’11”)
- Large (6’-6’4”)
Depending on personal preferences, you can choose to settle for a black, white, or grey Vilano 21 Speed Shimano road bike.
- Good range of speeds for different riding conditions (21 speeds in total)
- Padded handlebar for added comfort
- Easy to assemble
- Main aluminum stock of the bike is durable, sturdy and lightweight for a road bike
- Smooth gear shifting courtesy of the Shimano derailleurs and drivetrain
- Centrally located shifter knobs allow for trouble-free gear shifting
- Assembling the fork and changing tires is made easy with the quick release wheel feature
- The bike has mounts for water bottle holders and a rear rack
- Assembling requires specific tools that don’t come with the package
- Some users say the Urban Comfort saddle is narrow and could use a little more padding
- The brakes feel harder compared to other road bikes
- Tires are not the best quality but good enough considering the bike’s price range
When you weigh the pros and cons of the Vilano Aluminum 21 speed Shimano, the bottom line is that it’s a decent bike for the price.
For the most part, buyers appear to be happy with this bike. And with a few tweaks, it’s also possible to overcome the downsides associated with this road bike.
Overall, the Vilano 21 Speed Shimano is a great choice for cyclists looking for an inexpensive, good-looking, and lightweight road bike that provides reliable performance.