Tracer360 – Reflective Vest Review
Outdoor exercise can be one of the healthiest form of activity for your body.
Unfortunately those who prefer outdoor workouts will sometimes have to brave the elements and exercise during darkness.
Work and other time commitments can mean that evening workouts are the only choice.
The trouble with night-time running, jogging or cycling is visibility issues.
You may be able to see perfectly well, but can other people see you?
This can raise safety concerns, especially in built up areas with heavy traffic. Many times during an outing, there’s no other choice but to cross busy streets, or run along main roads.
The danger is, there are times where drivers simply cannot see you, sometimes until it’s way too late.
Up until now, the best protection you could hope for is reflective wear.
The downside to this is that this relies on light reflecting off of the material before you become visible.
What was really needed was something that permanently glows, no matter what lighting conditions.
This kind of tech has existed in the past, but due to heavy battery packs, dim lights and fast power drain, they were not always practical.
The good news is that due to new technology — fiber optics, high output, low consumption LED bulbs and tiny battery pack, all these previous problems have been solved.
The Tracer360 Illuminated & Reflective Vest
The Tracer360; a wearable, reflective & illuminated, super lightweight vest for outdoor exercising in poor lighting.
Using fiber optics, the entire upper torso is illuminated, powered by a small power-pack.
You’ll no longer need to rely on headlights to light you up when it may be too late for the driver to take evasive action.
No more near misses from drivers who just didn’t see you as they turned the corner or weaved through parked cars traffic.
The Tracer360 is simply a small power-pack that mounts onto the lower back, attached via a belt and fiber optic tubing that straps over the shoulders.
This weatherproof, breathable vest sits comfortably and weighs only 6.5 ounces.
Product features include:
- Multiple light colors – Purple, pink, green, blue, orange, red, and multi-color flashing mode.
- Lightweight and comfortable – The illuminated vest is hardly noticeable. Made from lightweight and breathable materials, the vest sits snug, and allows easy body and arm movement without restriction.
- 360 degree illumination – The fiber optic brightness, paired with reflective fluorescence is seen from the back, front and sides.
- Powered illumination – Now you no longer have to rely on headlights and street lamps to reflect light off of your high vis reflective material
- High quality – Although lightweight, the Tracer360 is reportedly engineered to very high standards with, good workmanship and quality materials.
- All season – rain and moisture proof, suitable for any weather
- Long battery life – Up to 40 hours of continuous use
although most reviews report a positive experience with the product, there were a couple of complaints, mainly due to defective units.
For example, one complaint was the light was stuck on one color, another indicated that the light went dim after a few uses.
These complaints are very much in the minority, and the reviews received a quick reply to apologize and send them a new unit straight away without charge.
I admire good customer service.
If you have had any previous trouble with nighttime running, cycling or other fitness, this may be your answer.