Top 5 Dumbbells
Despite seeming like very simple things to pick out at a store, dumbbells can be surprisingly tricky to buy, especially if you happen to be picky when it comes to your workout equipment.
To help make your life a bit easier, why not make use of this list of the top 5 dumbbell sets out there?
1) SPRI Dumbbells Deluxe Vinyl Coated Hand Weights
- Non-slip vinyl coating.
- Come in sizes ranging from 1 lb. to 20 lbs.
- Weights are color-coded for easy sorting.
- Designed for both home use and use in professional gyms.
If you are looking for a solid set of dumbbells that are at home in both a home workout room and a professional gym, then look no further than the SPRI Dumbbells Deluxe Vinyl Coated Hand Weights.
These dumbbells come in a variety of different weights, ranging from small 1lbs. weights to more substantial 20 lbs. weights, and everything in-between.
The weights are color-coded, so no matter how many you decide to buy, sorting them is going to be a breeze.
Despite not having any sort of grip, the vinyl that these weights are made out of is surprisingly good.
It lets you get a solid grip on the weights and it doesn’t seem to get all that slippery when your hands are wet with sweat, hence why these are so good for a professional setting.
2) AmazonBasics Neoprene Dumbbell Pairs and Sets with Stands
- Soft neoprene grip.
- Designed to stay still when on the ground.
- Weight options ranging from 1 lb. to 48 lbs.
- Has both color coding and large lettering for quick sorting.
- Comes with a stand.
If you are looking for a set of dumbbells that are ideal for use in a home gym, then you can’t go wrong with the AmazonBasics Neoprene Dumbbell Pairs.
The main attraction of these particular dumbbells is there soft coating. Neoprene is a soft, rubber-like material. It doesn’t absorb sweat and it never digs into your hand.
These two factors combined make these dumbbells perfect for long workout sessions at home.
Plus, they come in such a large variety of different weights (with the heaviest being 48 lbs.) that you should be able to find a good variety for you to use.
3) AmazonBasics Rubber Encased Hex Dumbbell
- Weight options start at 10 lbs. and go to 50 lbs.
- Rubber encased end prevents the dumbbell from rolling or smashing into things.
- Ideal for heavy-duty training regimens.
If you want something really heavy-duty that is perfect for things like resistance training or building serious muscle, then this other kind of dumbbell from AmazonBasics may be more up your alley.
These dumbbells come in sizes as low as 10 lbs. and as high as 50 lbs.
The higher weight options are great if you want to do serious workout routines that focus on building muscle in the arms, bicep, back, and other similar areas.
Some people dislike these heavier dumbbells because they can easily smash a body part or roll and cause damage if they hit a foot or a toe.
Thankfully, these dumbbells have a rubber casing that both prevents rolling and that helps to cushion any impact.
4) BalanceFrom GoFit All-Purpose Dumbbells
- Comes in a large variety of weight options.
- Larger weights come with stands.
- Come in vinyl, which doesn’t cause damage to surfaces.
- Handles are designed to be easier to hold.
If all you want is a nice, simple set of dumbbells for quick morning workouts, then you can’t go wrong with the BalanceFrom GoFit All-Purpose Dumbbells.
These dumbbells come in all the standard sizes, with the heaviest option being 32 lbs.
The heavier sizes also come with stands, so you don’t have to get one separately. The dumbbells are made with vinyl (like the SPRI Dumbbells). So, as you saw with them, the vinyl helps to keep sweat off the dumbbells and it also prevents damage to things like floors and tables.
These dumbbells also have a very ergonomically designed handle to help you keep a solid grip on them, even during very intense workouts.
5) Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells
- Designed for professional use.
- Heaviest set is 200 lbs.
- Extremely high-quality, will last a lifetime.
- Chrome handles.
Simply put, if you are into bodybuilding or if you are an interested amateur who wants to give it a go, the Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells are the dumbbells for you.
The lightest set of these dumbbells are 40 lbs. and the heaviest are 200 lbs.
They are crafted to last a lifetime and then some. They don’t rust, they don’t break, and they don’t corrode.
But, be warned, these are not for casual users.
The grip will play with your hands if you aren’t used to using dumbbells like this and they require a heavy-duty stand to accommodate them; although they can be disassembled for easier storage.