Top 5 Cardio Machines
Cardiovascular exercise is one of the most important things you can do for your health.
You can walk, run, or use a cardio machine such as a treadmill, elliptical, rowing machine, exercise bike, or a vertical climber.
All of these cardio machines are great options for cardiovascular exercise, but some types may be better for you than others.
If you’re struggling to figure out which cardio machine to purchase for your home gym, this review can help you decide which one is best for you.
Below are the top 5 types of cardio machines with a recommended product for each type.
You will learn about the key features of each featured cardio machine to help you decide which product is best for you.
1) Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
- Foldable for easy storage when not in use
- Heart rate monitor
- LCD display screen
- Six personal trainer workouts
- Two-position incline for tougher workouts
- Comfortable cushioning to protect your joints
- Expert assembly available at an additional cost
If you are looking for an easy way to get in a walk at home and need something low impact due to joint pain, this could be the cardio machine for you.
It’s also great for people who enjoy walking and running, but want to be able to watch television while they run.
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill is an excellent option for anyone looking to add a treadmill to their home gym. It is foldable for easy storage when not in use.
It has many awesome features including a heart rate monitor, LCD display screen, 6 pre-programmed personal trainer workouts, an incline for tougher workouts, and a cushioned deck to protect your joints.
The cushioned deck makes this treadmill stand out above the rest.
This product is easy to put together, but if you don’t want to deal with assembly, you can get expert assembly for an additional cost.
2) Exerpeutic Aero Air Elliptical
Ellipticals are excellent for people with joint problems or for people who want to protect their joints.
Elliptical exercise machines have a natural circular motion that reduces stress on joints by working within their normal range of motion.
If you are concerned about your joint health or if you have difficulty walking on a treadmill, an elliptical might be your best option.
Just because it is easy on your joints, does not mean that you won’t get a great workout.
Elliptical workouts will challenge you at any fitness level because you can adjust the tension as you get stronger and more fit.
The Exerpeutic Aero Air Elliptical is an excellent elliptical to consider purchasing for home use.
- Compact elliptical Trainer
- Adjustable strap tension and easy dial tension adjustment
- Large pedals with ridges prevent your foot from slipping
- Dual-action workout arms provide an upper body workout. Easy Dial tension adjustment for more or less of a challenge
- Easy to read large window LCD display
- LCD display indicates distance, calories burned, elapsed time, and speed
- 220 pounds user maximum weight capacity
- Transportation wheels
- 1 Year limited warranty
- Equipment mat available for an additional fee
This piece of equipment is compact, easy to move, well made, and fully adjustable.
There is an LCD display screen where you can monitor your heart rate, speed, and distance.
For your safety, there are large non-slip pedals. The weight limit is 220 lbs.
This is a good buy for anyone within the recommended weight range.
3) Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5
Rowing machines are an excellent way to get a good cardiovascular workout in and also build your strength in your legs, core, and arms.
Rowers use a smooth, high calorie-burning motion to give you an amazing full body workout that is easy on your joints.
If you want a way to build your upper body, lower body, and core, a rowing machine is a great option.
The Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5 is a great rowing machine for home use.
- Low impact workout that engages all major muscle groups while preserving your joints
- Track your progress with real-time reliable data on your monitor
- Designed to fit most users: 14-inch seat height, adjustable footrests, and ergonomic handle
- Separates easily into two pieces for storage
- Caster wheels make it easy to move out of your way after use
- Easy to assemble with only eight screws
- Space recommended for use is 9 x 4 feet
- 500-pound maximum user capacity
- 5-year frame warranty included
This machine has some awesome features that make it one of the best options for a home gym.
This rower has a monitor where you can track your real-time progress. It will work for most users.
The seat is 14 inches high, it has adjustable footrests, and has an ergonomic handle to make it more comfortable.
It separates easily into two pieces for storage when not in use and it has wheels so it’s easy to move to an unused corner till you need it again.
This rower has a maximum user capacity of 500 lbs, so it’s great for most people.
This rower also comes with a 5-year warranty on the frame, so you can feel good about your purchase.
4) Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
Exercise bikes are one of the most popular cardio machines for home use. They provide an excellent cardiovascular workout, and will help you strengthen your leg muscles.
If you hold your core tight while riding, you can also strengthen your core.
There are exercise bikes that ride like a normal bicycle and there are reclining exercise bikes.
Both are great options and it’s a personal preference on which style you choose.
If you’re interested in an upright exercise bike, the Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike is a good option.
- Indoor cycling bike with 40-pound flywheel so you can increase resistance as needed
- Heavy-duty crank and smooth chain drive mechanism for a smooth, quiet workout
- Fully adjustable seat and handlebars for comfort
- Adjustable resistance for a workout tailored to your individual needs
- 275 pounds maximum weight capacity
- Caged foot pedal for reduced chance of foot slippage
- Assembly required
- Expert assembly available for an additional cost
It has an adjustable seat and handlebars for your comfort. You can adjust the resistance as you get stronger.
There is a caged foot pedal for your comfort and safety.
There is some assembly required, but expert assembly is available at an additional cost if you don’t want to have to assemble your exercise bike.
5) Maxi Climber Vertical Climber
How about a vertical climber by Maxi?
- BONUS companion Fitness App
- Height adjustable
- Comes 90% pre-assembled and can be ready to use in minutes
- Compact and foldable for easy storage
Vertical climbers provide an excellent full body workout that combines calorie-burning cardio and muscle strengthening.
You can get a low impact workout that is easy on your joints but challenging to your muscles and cardiovascular system.
Vertical climbers can help you sculpt your body so that you have a shapely booty, toned arms, and rock hard abs.
You will have a slimmer and healthier body, and with a vertical climber you will spend less time exercising in order to get the body you dream of.
Vertical climbers work your body hard, so it takes less time to burn calories and strengthen your muscles.
If a vertical climber sounds like something you’re interested in the Maxi Climber Vertical Climber is a good option. It’s affordable, adjustable, and compact.
It comes 90% pre-assembled so that you can use it within minutes of opening it.
There are many cardio machines that you can purchase for your home gym, so hopefully, this review helped you narrow down which type of cardio machine is right for you.
The recommended cardio machines on this page are all excellent products that will help you meet your fitness goals.
All of them are highly rated and affordable, so you can feel good about your purchase.