Top 5 Muscle Rollers Comparison Review
We all suffer muscle pain from time to time, be it from sitting all day behind a desk, working hard on a daily basis, overdoing it at the gym or during a run.
And while there are plenty of options when it comes to relieving aching muscles, massage balls are arguably the best go-to pain relievers.
They are easy to use, conveniently small, and best of all – allow you to enjoy massage benefits at any given time and place without having to incur the high prices that a masseuse or chiropractor would charge.
So, if muscle pain is a thorn in your side, this guide is for you. It looks at the best massage balls in the market to help narrow down your search from the sea of options that are available.
1) Stronger 5” Foam Massage Ball
Highly recommended for the treatment of sciatic pain, the Stronger 5” Foam Massage Ball has great firmness that delivers a lot of pressure, which works to adequately undo the tension in tight muscles.
As a bonus, the firmness of the ball also helps to increase blood flow to target areas, hence improving muscle performance.
Therefore, the Stronger Foam Massage Ball can double up as a pain reliever for all major body muscles and a great warm up and cool down workout tool.
With the ball’s 5-inch size, you will have no problems getting it to hit the exact spot you want, be it larger muscles in your shoulders and back or the tiny muscle groups within the neck and inner thighs.
- Can be used daily as tool of relieving muscle soreness in highly active people
- Releases tight muscles, soothes sore ones, and increases blood flow all at the same time
- Comes with a lifetime warranty and cute carrying bag
- Despite being one of the largest massage balls around, it is still has a lightweight and compact build that allows you to carry it with you wherever you go
- Delivers deep tissue massages that makes it perfect for trigger pointing exercises
- Some users find the ball to be a bit too hard
2) Natures Sports Premium Muscle Roller
Recommended by sports therapists for improvement of performance and speeding up recovery, the Natures Sports Premium Muscle Roller is the perfect fit for those whose muscle soreness is as a result of regular exercise or strenuous physical activity.
Designed to deliver a deep tissue massage and boost muscle recovery, the muscle roller gently but effectively massages away the knots and cramps that come with regular intense physical activity while also increasing blood flow.
It releases tension in trigger points thereby providing instant relief from soreness and delivering a huge boost to the body’s natural muscle recovery process.
As easy to use as it is effective, the Natures Sports muscle roller is 18 inches long and features 7 super smooth rolling spindles along with high grip quality rubber handles.
The texture of the spindles delivers smooth action that allows for easy maneuverability while the handles provide a comfortable and sure grip that ensures effortless use.
- The muscle roller promises a long lifespan thanks to a rugged and solid build
- Can be used on the entire body
- Features a lightweight and portable design
- Delivers smooth action that is easy on the skin
- Throws in the added bonus of enhancing flexibility
- Comes with a lifetime guarantee
- Tends to grab and pull hairs in between rolls
3) RumbleRoller – Textured Muscle Foam Roller
At first glance, the RumbleRoller -Textured Muscle Foam Roller may seem a little intimidating due to its bump-ridden design.
However, it is actually this ingenious design that makes the foam roller a great catch. Spread out over the entire surface of the RumbleRoller, the tiny bumps are designed to mimic the thumbs of an actual massage therapist.
Firmer than muscle tissue but softer than bones, the bumps offer the perfect balance for deep tissue massage. Much like a massage therapist, the bumps knead the contours of the body in a unique way that stretches soft tissues in multiple directions.
Through this kneading process, trigger points are relieved of any tension, flexibility is increased, healing is instigated and pain is relieved fast and naturally.
Since the bumps are softer than bones, they tend to deflect out of the way upon encountering bony protrusions thereby ensuring a safe soft tissue massage that does not result in fractures or other impact related bone damages.
- Comes with an instruction manual
- Latex free and has been tested and proven to offer no risk of chemical poisoning
- Available in 2 different sizes (12 and 31 inches) perfect to use at home and while travelling
- Durable design
- A bit expensive compared to the other available options
- According to a number of users, first few uses will feel awkward or slightly uncomfortable before you get used to the foam roller
4) SPRI Special Edition Tiger Tail Rolling Muscle Massagers
Different from most muscle rollers, the SPRI Special Edition Tiger Tail Rolling Muscle massager is a simple 11-inch roll stick with a durable massage foam, cushioned non-absorbent cover and non-slip handle ends.
Suitable for the entire body (neck, shoulders, arms, back, glutes, and so on), the rolling muscle massager’s foam is high density and shock absorbing in nature. As a result, it delivers a painless yet effective massage that relieves muscle tension, soreness, and pain.
The non-slip handles in turn help to enhance comfort, allow you to keep massage pressure at a high or low intensity, and they can also be used for focused trigger point muscle compression.
- Easy to clean
- Offers the perfect length for self-massaging
- Available in 18”, 22”, and a To Go (small) size
- Muscle-friendly and easy to use
- Features a sturdy build that does not bend easily
- Spins smoothly and therefore protects your hands and fingers from fatigue
- Adjusts to body temperature for a more comfortable massage experience
- Delivers consistent pressure
- Relieves smaller area muscle tightness perfectly
- Needs to be wiped down regularly with alcohol or antibacterial swipe, gel, or spray to prevent friction build up
5)Massage Ball with Spikes
Measuring 3 inches, the Massage Ball with Spikes is a little strong spiky ball of muscle goodness.
The spikes combined with a perfect firmness enable the ball to really dig into your muscles to deliver an amazing deep tissue massage that relieves Plantar Fasciitis (heel pain), muscle soreness, and myofascial tightness (tension within the web of connective tissues of the body). The ball can also be used to target trigger points and simply relax muscles.
- Comes with a 1-year money back guarantee and 2 free video guides with exercise ideas
- Highly portable the ball is so small it can actually fit in the palm of your hand
- Easy on the muscles
- Retains its perfect round shape even with regular use
- The spikes give a fantastic grip that keeps the ball exactly where you want it
- Due the small size of the ball, massaging large muscle areas will take a long time
Now that you have enough information on some of the best self-massage tools, selecting one that best meets your needs should be easy. For best results, make sure to do research on best massage ball and roller exercises as well as breathing techniques. Pay close attention to aspects such as special features, ease of use, effectiveness as well as build quality, and you will be well on your way to choosing a massage roller that works for you.