Marcy Utility Flat Bench Review
Home fitness equipment needs to be user-friendly, comfortable, and versatile.
The Marcy Utility Flat Bench not only excels in all of these areas, it’s also a durable and sturdy bench perfect for people who are keen to get a home gym started.
It is a compact workout bench that’s designed to fit into tight spaces.
Whether you use free weights, resistance bands, or do bench-based calisthenics, this bench will do the trick.
Features of the Marcy Utility Flat Bench
If you weigh less than 300 pounds and want to work a variety of muscle groups from home, this flat bench will make a good piece of equipment to start out with.
• The Marcy bench can be used with free weights or exercise bands. This helps you work various muscle groups.
• It’s comfortable to use with the boxed upholstery design and high density foam.
• Protective powder coated finish and 14 gauge tubing ensures durability.
• Accommodates weights up to 300 lbs.
• Quick and easy to assemble. You can have it out of the box and ready to use in about 5 minutes.
Is The Marcy Utility Flat Bench Worth Buying?
Feedback for this bench has been quite encouraging. Past purchasers who are the right height and weight for it have reported that the bench is extremely comfortable, sturdy, and easy to assemble.
Constructed to Last
This flat bench is made of metal tubing that has been powder coated.
The padded top is a made of a combination of boxed tubing and foam, with provides a good amount of comfort and sturdiness.
Despite the padding, the Marcy Utility Flat Bench gives you just the right amount of support, no matter your workout routine.
The feet are coated in rubber, which prevents it from slipping around mid-exercise.
Small in Size, But Not in Strength
This useful workout tool has a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds.
Its small size (it measures 43 inches by 17 inches by 14 inches) – fits into many spaces with ease.
Based on this small size, it can fit into a small home gym or dedicated workout room, or even sit in the corner of a living room.
The bench weighs a mere 21 pounds, so it’s light enough to move from room to room if necessary.
Can Handle Many Different Types Of Workouts
Unlike other pieces of home gym equipment, most of which are designed for very specific tasks, this one is very versatile.
It’s large enough to support your torso, allowing you to do calisthenics on it.
It also provides support for those who work out with free weights or resistance bands.
Made By The Experts
The Marcy Gymnasium Equipment Company was founded by Walter Marcyan, an AAU Light Heavyweight Lifting Champion back in the 1940s.
He went on to join the vaudeville circuit as a strongman, before opening up a chain of gyms, called House of Health, all based in Southern California.
This led to the Marcy Gymnasium Equipment Company, which produced its first products in 1959.
The company is now a part of the Impex Fitness Brand.
Easy To Assemble
This home gymnasium bench arrives in several pieces.
However, thanks to the step by step instructions, it is easy to put together. All that you need are a few simple tools and about ten minutes of time.
Just make sure to tighten every connection well, lest it comes apart the first time you go to use it.
The odds of that are pretty unlikely, however!
• It’s great for toning, strengthening, and building muscles all in the comfort of your own home.
• It’s multi-functional. If space is an issue in your home, this bench will be a good buy because you can use it for a wide range of exercises rather than having separate equipment for each.
• It’s sturdy construction and high comfort levels make it suitable for an extended workout session.
• It’s available at a pocket-friendly price. If you’re not really sure how much you’re going to like doing lifts at home, you can try the exercise out without parting with too much cash. We’ve all seen expensive fitness equipment that gather dust in a corner – but this Marcy bench won’t be one of those.
• This bench might not be suitable for you if you’re exceptionally tall. Users over 6’5” reported that it was a little short for their purposes.
• A small number of customers reported that the welds on the legs were not strong enough. However, it’s likely that these users didn’t tighten the lock nuts sufficiently.
The Marcy Utility Flat Bench is a great equipment to have in your home gym.
If you’re looking to get in a few weight reps before breakfast, while you watch TV, or any time you have a spare moment without the hassle of heading to the gym, this is the perfect piece of exercise equipment to have.
No matter the type of exercises you do, the Marcy Utility Flat Bench can handle them.
This workout bench is lightweight, yet very strong. It is designed to provide just the right amount of support.
Even better, it fits into a number of spaces.
Thanks to the powder coated exterior, this exercise tool will stand the test of time.