Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch Review
The Fitbit Blaze is a stylish activity tracker that many people might mistake for a wristwatch at first glance. This device is technically a timepiece and happens to look like one.
However, it does a lot more than just tell time.
From steps taken, stairs climbed and distance travelled, to calories burned, resting heart rate, and active minutes, the Fitbit Blaze tracks plenty of helpful fitness stats and it even works with an app plus website dashboard to help you slice and dice the numbers into meaningful information. What’s more, the Fitbit Blaze can sync with GPS on your phone to track runs.
If you are wondering what else this wrist-based activity tracker has to offer, then read this Fitbit Blaze Smart fitness watch review.
Features of the Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch
Like other Fitbit activity trackers, the Blaze smart watch lets users sync fitness stats to mobile devices, Mac or PC. The tracker is Bluetooth enabled and comes with a USB cable for both charging and transferring fitness stats to a computer.
For the screen, the Fitbit Blaze has a 38mm-wide 16-color OLED screen with adjustable backlighting and an option to choose between four clock faces that display time and date. Although the panel offers touch screen menus, there are also buttons on the sides that make it easy to select options when your fingers are wet or sweaty. Other bells and whistles that this wearable personal trainer has to offer include:
- Water resistant design: Water splashes, sweat and rain will not damage the FitBit Blaze. However, the unit is not waterproof so it should not be used for swimming.
- Smart watch features: The Fitbit Blaze can show incoming text messages, calls and calendar reminders from your phone. It lets you control music playlists as well from supported mobile devices.
- FitStar guided workouts: Fitbit went one-step further by adding guided workouts into the Blaze activity tracker. This function walks you through 3 preloaded workouts using step-by-step on-screen instructions. So far, there are 3 routines, which include warm up, 7-min workout and 10-min abs.
- Multi-Sport mode with SmartTrak technology: When exercising, the Fitbit Blaze allows you to choose your workout type from the multi-sports mode. Options include running, biking, cardio, weights, and elliptical trainer. However, the SmartTrak technology on this device automatically tracks your heart rate and calorie burn even if you forget to choose a workout.
Is the Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch Worth Buying?
The Fitbit Blaze is an all-rounded activity tracker that comes highly recommended by its users. If you are looking to buy an activity tracker that can monitor your heart rate, then this model will most likely exceed your expectations. Below is a list of its pros and cons to help you make a more informed buying decision.
- Large, easy to read screen
- Battery lasts up to 5 days
- Syncs fitness stats to Android, iOS, Mac and PC
- Charging unit and cable included
- Built-in heart rate monitor operates without chest straps
- Convenient auto-activity and sleep tracking
- Motivate users to keep moving using reminders
- Frames must be removed every time you want to charge the unit
- The Fitbit Blaze can be non-responsive at times when you turn your wrist to see the time
For those who don’t mind wearing a fitness tracker that looks like an actual wristwatch, the Fitbit Blaze is one of the best options currently available on the market. Beyond aesthetics, however, this activity tracker is well built, functional and convenient to use. All of those attributes combined make it a decent option that is worth considering.