Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker Review
Fitbit remains one of the top brands on the market when it comes to smart wearable technology designed for fitness enthusiasts. Their long lineup of fitness trackers is known for plenty of impressive features, and the Fitbit Alta is no exception.
This model is designed to help users monitor how active they are throughout the day and it even has a sleep-tracking feature to boot. There is a lot more on offer, and you can learn all about that in this Fitbit Alta Fitness tracker review.
Features of the Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker
Fitbit’s Alta activity tracker comes with a 1.4”, 128 x 36 pixel OLED screen that displays both time and fitness stats. When the device is not being used, the display turns off. By turning the Alta towards your face, the backlit comes on and time displays automatically. You can choose from five horizontal and vertical clock faces then single tap the display to flip through stats such as steps taken, distance covered, calories burned, and active minutes. This tracker also monitors your sleep and lets you set silent wake up alarms. In addition to these features, the Fitbit Alta can do the following:
- Receive mobile notifications and buzz alerts: For those who want convenience, this activity tracker from Fitbit offers just that. The tracker vibrates when forwarding call and text notifications from your phone. This feature requires Bluetooth connectivity to work, and it will come in handy when your phone is on silent mode. As an added bonus, the tracker will buzz alerts that encourage you to keep moving while letting you know what is left to reach the day’s goal.
- Resists damage from sweat, rain and water splashes: The Fitbit Alta is water resistant. Therefore, it won’t damage easily when rained on or splashed with water as you wash your hands.
- Sync data to PC, Mac or mobile: Like most Fitbit activity trackers, the Alta comes with Bluetooth 4.0 technology and USB data transfer capabilities. These features allow users to transfer fitness stats wirelessly and via cable to the Fitbit mobile app or Fitbit website using the Fitbit Connect computer program. Fitbit supports data syncing with multiple operating systems and devices such as Windows vista and above, Mac OSX 10.6 and later as well as Android and iOS.
Is the Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker Worth Buying?
Professional athletes who want to track detailed fitness stats might want to consider another model since the Fitbit Alta lacks a heart rate monitor. That being said, this activity fitband still throws in quite a bit of likable features that make it a decent choice if you simply want to monitor how active you are throughout the day.
- You can customize goals by telling the tracker that you want to reach a given number steps, distance or active minutes
- Available in different wrist sizes and color options
- 5-days battery life with 2hours only charge time
- Removable straps with quick release let you customize the Fitbit Alta with accessory bands of your choice
- Charging cable and wireless sync dongle included in the package
- Lacks built-in heart rate monitor
Simple, convenient, sleek yet rugged, the Fitbit Alta packs a punch for a basic activity tracker. It’s definitely a better choice over simple pedometers that just count the steps you take. Overall, this smart watch cum fitness tracker offers good value for the price, and the vast majority of buyers who have reviewed it online seem to agree so.